Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Look at this awesome blog!

A couple of days ago, I came across Cracked Mirror in Shalott, the blog written by Savannah Nicole Logsdon-Breakstone, an Occupier/Decolonizer and disability advocate. I love it! She knows how to say things I've felt but never figured out how to put into words. Plus, she makes me think in new and exciting ways. What more can you ask from a blogger? Here's a quote from one of her posts.
"When the things that make up a part of who we are is so suppressed, how can it not be revolutionary to rock in public? How could I not include this part of myself when protesting a system that treats people without economic means as worthless? Why shouldn’t I stim in the face of a world- one both outside and inside- that tells me that I, too, am worthless? (If you are new, I am indeed fond of rhetorical questions.)
I am stimming 1000 revolutions a minute when I go out and stim at a protest. I’m being Autistic, fat, disabled, queer, poor, covering, and many other things in public when I am in public, and being visible here is bringing all of those things out and into a space where revolution can happen. I am speeding our revolutions while joining their revolutions, even if it is only that tiny amount that visibility brings."

You should read the rest of the post!

2 comments:

  1. It's actually Logsdon-Breakstone. I use a mash up of my bio dad and stepdad's names, and when my bio dad passes I'll just use breakstone.

    YAY thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks very much, Savannah! I've edited the post to correct the mistake.

    ReplyDelete